Valle de Abdalajis a town with a population of some 3.000 inhabitants is enclaved to the south of the administrative district of Antequera, opened to the Valle del Guadalhorce by a narrow corridor. At present, it offers the visitor numerous attractions, above all relating to open air sports. Hang gliding, paragliding, climbing of hill walking are some of the usual activities that are recommended within its district. Its archaeological wealth is notable: from the discoveries made in the Valle de Abdalajis itself of posts and ceramics which confirm human presence since prehistoric times, to remains of Iberian, Phoenician and Punic settlements. The site at Cerro Pelao clearly states the presence of the Roman Empire in the place. The Arabs on their part, built some fortresses today disappeared, the town owing its name to its founder Abd-el-Aziz although the origins of the present town centre dates from the Sixteenth Century with the surrender of lands by King Felipe II to Don Alfonso Pérez.
Interesting visits are the Palace of El Conde de los Corbos, hailing from the Sixteenth Century ; the Parish Church of San Lorenzo finished in 1559 and the Shrine of El Cristo de la Sierra.
The main festivities in honour of San Lorenzo take place between the 9th and 12th of August. Furthermore a traditional date is the Romería del Cristo de la Sierra during the first week in May.
The most typical dishes are la porra, las migas goat seasoned with paprika together with a great variety of soups: hot vegetable soup, pap, asparagus soup and stew.