You can only access the arrivals area at Malaga airport through Terminal T3. Travelators, lifts and escalators easily connect the terminals at Malaga Costa del Sol Airport, which are just a few minutes walk from each other. If you land at Terminal 2 at Malaga Airport, they will direct you into Terminal 3 to clear security and collect your baggage.
Once you’ve arrived at the arrivals area, you’ll find a range of facilities and services to help make your arrival as smooth and stress-free as possible. There are information desks, currency exchange services, ATMs and the shuttle pick-up area for getting to your rental car.
If you’re picking someone up at the Malaga airport arrivals hall, you can use the following table to track all flights to Malaga airport. This can be very useful for ensuring that you arrive at the airport on time to meet your party.
Arrivals tips and facts
For those traveling by air, Malaga airport is the fourth most important airport on the Iberian Peninsula. It is also the most important airport in Andalucia by number of passengers, with more than 60 percent of transit in the community.
Tourists who arrive by this means of transport can do so from countries like Germany, Holland and the UK as it has a large number of international connections. Malaga airport is a major hub for travelers visiting the Costa del Sol and offers a range of transportation options to suit your needs.
Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, Malaga airport offers a range of services and facilities to make your arrival as smooth and stress-free as possible. From car hire and transfers to public transport and taxis, you can easily reach your destination in comfort and style.
- Malaga airport is the fourth most important airport on the Iberian Peninsula and the most important airport in Andalucia by number of passengers.
- The airport has a single terminal and two runways.
- Malaga airport is an important hub for Spanish tourism as it is the main international airport serving the Costa del Sol.
- The airport has a large number of international connections, including flights to and from countries like Germany, Holland and the UK.
- In 2022, 18,457,194 passengers used Malaga Airport, representing an increase of 107.97% compared to 2021.
- Spanish Queen Sophia and King Juan Carlos inaugurated the spectacular new Terminal 3 on March 15, 2010.
- Check the airport’s website for up-to-date information on transportation options, facilities and services.
- Make sure to collect all your luggage from the baggage carousel before leaving the arrivals area.
- If you’re renting a car, make sure to book in advance and have all the necessary documentation ready.
- If you’re taking public transport, check the schedules and routes beforehand to ensure a smooth journey.
- Make use of the airport’s facilities and services, such as currency exchange, ATMs, and information desks.
- If you need assistance, don’t hesitate to ask airport staff for help.
Transport from the airport
To reach the airport there is also an excellent public transport system joining the capital with the Costa del Sol via bus and commuter train that runs throughout the region. This train leaves from the Malaga train station María Zambrano linking the airport with some of the Mediterranean coastal areas; it is widely used by travelers and locals who want to get to the beach to enjoy the holidays.
There is also the option of taking a long distance train from the train station. To make these trips you can choose the traditional railway line or using modern AVE high speed train, an amazing way to reduce the times to reach these towns, though the ticket cost is much higher.
For tourists who prefer to save money and travel by bus there is the bus station situated next to train station in Malaga. There is a wide variety of services that enable those wishing to travel in this means of transport to reach a large number of destinations in the province. The airport also links with some of the most popular destinations on the Costa del Sol by bus.
How do we pick you up at the airport
Once you have booked your car with us we will provide you with a voucher; in the voucher there is information about your rental and where to meet us after your arrival. Collect your luggage from the baggage carousel and then walk straight out of the arrivals terminal; it is a very simple process until you reach our shuttle service which will take you to where the car or vehicle you booked is waiting.
The car handover process is quick, so after your arrival at the airport you will be on your way to your destination in just a few minutes.