Tennis in Malaga is extremely popular and there are numerous tennis clubs. Clay, hard and fast courts are available and prices for court hire vary tremendously. Most municipal sports centres offer tennis lessons for adults and children. Tennis clubs organise regular tournaments for all ages and standards and there are also several provincial and regional competitions. Many urbanisations have private tennis courts for residents use. The main private tennis clubs on the Costa del Sol are listed below. Municipal tennis courts are usually located at Municipal Sports Centres.
Badminton and squash are both placed on the Costa del Sol, although neither is as popular as in other countries like UK. There are badminton and squash courts at some tennis clubs and Mijas has a badminton team who compete at regional and national level. Paddle tennis, played on a smaller court with wooden rackets, is a popular sport and many hotels have courts.
The Davis Cup organizers have slashed the prices of various packages for the Final 8 of the tournament, which will take place at the Martín Carpena from November 21st to 26th. This special offer will be valid until Monday, the 16th of this month.
Furthermore, they have introduced season tickets aimed at fans of the different countries that have qualified (Finland, Canada, Australia, Czech Republic, Serbia, Italy, the Netherlands, and Great Britain). These tickets are priced at 170 euros and cover all three series that each team will play, including the quarterfinal match, semifinals, and, if they make it, the final.
🎟️ From October 3rd to October 16th, get a 25% discount on all your tickets for the #DavisCup!
👉 Visit the website https://t.co/jZUnqTjZE4, select your seats and apply the code DAVISCUP25.
¡Join us in Malaga from November 21st to 26th and enjoy the best tennis.! pic.twitter.com/covcuwbkyl
— Copa Davis (@CopaDavis) October 4, 2023
Tennis and paddle courts
If you are looking for a resort with tennis or paddle club, then we recommend you to check the Marbella area. There you will find luxury resorts with tennis clubs, spa and other services.
There are tennis clubs almost all along the Costa del Sol, so if you enjoy playing tennis you will have no problem finding a tennis court in Malaga:
- Atalaya Park Hotel, Ctra de Cádiz Km. 168.5 (952889000)
- Bel Air Tennis Club, Urb Bel air (952883221)
- Club de Tenis Estepona, Urb Abejeras (952801579)
- Royal Tennis Club, Urb El Rosario (687665084)
- Club Padel and Tennis Nuevo Alcántara, Urb Nuevo Alcántara, San Pedro (639779315)
- Don Carlos Tennis & Sports Club, Don Carlos Resort (951053333)
- Hofsass Tennis, Urb Elviria (606022769)
- Padel & Tennis Club Bel Air, Urb. Bel Air (952883221)
- Los Granados Tennis club, Puerto Banús (678547956)
- Los monteros Racket Club, Los Monteros Hotel, Autovía del Mediterráneo, km 187 (680556378)
- Manolo Santana Racquets Club, Ctra de Istán Km. 2 (952778580)
- Paddle Club Pinomar, Urbanización Pinomar, 29604 Marbella, Málaga (648698326)
- Puente Romano Tennis Club, Conjunto Jardín Andaluz, 4, 29602 Marbella
- Octagon Beach Club, next to Sotogrande port (659453444)
- Sotogrande Racquet Centre, P.º del Parque, 11310 Sotogrande, Cádiz (956796233)
- Raquet Club Benalmadena, Av. las Palmeras, S/N, (638896881)
- Calahonda, Club del Sol (952939595)
- Lew Hoad, Ctra de Mijas Km. 3.5 (952474858)
- Miraflores Tennis Club, urb Miraflores, Ctra de Cádiz Km. 199 (952932006)
- Riviera Sports Club (633015434)
- Raquet Club la Colina, Urb La Colina (672321293)
- Municipal Tennis courts, Av. San Anton, 251
Alhaurin de la Torre
- Municipal Tennis Courts, 29130 Alhaurín de la Torre, Málaga
- Tennis Club, Av. de la Música, 120
- Tennis Club Malaga, Av. San Antón, 22
- Club El Candado, urb El candado (952299340)
- Club Deportivo Calderón, C. Rodeo, 32 (952290077)
- Nerja Padel Club, C. Almuñécar, 8
- Tennis and Paddle Club, Ctra. Málaga, Calle Almería, km.297